If you’re running an e-commerce store with WooCommerce, you may have encountered the need to create a bulk order form. A bulk order form allows customers to quickly and easily add multiple products to their cart at once, which can save them time and effort. Additionally, it can help you as a store owner to increase your sales and improve your customer experience.
In this article, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide on how to create a bulk order form in WooCommerce. We’ll cover the basics of creating a form, as well as provide tips and advice on how to create a high-quality form that meets your specific needs.
Step 1: Install and activate the WooCommerce Product Table plugin
To create a bulk order form in WooCommerce, you’ll need to use a plugin. The WooCommerce Product Table plugin is a popular and highly-rated option that can help you create a customizable and user-friendly form.
To install the plugin, follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Search for “WooCommerce Product Table”
- Click “Install Now” and then “Activate”
Once the plugin is activated, you can start creating your bulk order form.
Step 2: Configure the plugin settings
Before you start creating your form, you’ll need to configure the plugin settings. The WooCommerce Product Table plugin offers a wide range of customization options, so it’s important to take the time to choose the settings that work best for your store.
Here are some key settings to consider:
- Columns: Choose which columns to display in your table, such as product name, price, and quantity.
- Sorting: Choose how products should be sorted in your table, such as by name or price.
- Filtering: Choose which filters to include in your table, such as by category or tag.
- Pagination: Choose how many products to display per page.
Once you’ve chosen your settings, you can save them and move on to creating your form.
Step 3: Create your bulk order form
To create your bulk order form, you’ll need to add the shortcode for the WooCommerce Product Table plugin to a new page on your site. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Give your page a title, such as “Bulk Order Form”
- Click on the “+” icon to add a new block
- Search for the “Shortcode” block and add it to your page
- Enter the shortcode for the WooCommerce Product Table plugin: [product_table]
Once you’ve added the shortcode, you can preview your page to see your new bulk order form in action.
Step 4: Customize your form with CSS
While the WooCommerce Product Table plugin offers a range of customization options, you may want to further customize your form with CSS. CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets, and it’s a way to change the appearance of your form by modifying the HTML code.
Here are some tips for customizing your form with CSS:
- Use the “Inspect Element” tool in your browser to identify the specific CSS classes and IDs for your form elements.
- Use a CSS editor or plugin to add custom CSS to your site.
- Test your changes on a staging site or in a local environment before making them live on your site.
Step 5: Test and optimize your form
Once your form is live, it’s important to test and optimize it to ensure that it’s functioning properly and meeting your goals.
Here are some tips for testing and optimizing your form:
- Test your form on different devices and browsers to ensure that it’s responsive and user-friendly.
- Use analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to track the performance of your form and identify any issues or opportunities for improvement.
- Use A/B testing to test different variations of your form and determine which one performs best.
Creating a bulk order form in WooCommerce can be a powerful way to improve your customer experience and increase your sales. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can create a high-quality form that meets your specific needs and helps you achieve your business goals.
Remember to take the time to configure your plugin settings, customize your form with CSS, and test and optimize your form for maximum effectiveness. With a little effort and attention to detail, you can create a bulk order form that’s both user-friendly and highly effective.
Trusted Reference Sources:
- WooCommerce Product Table: https://barn2.co.uk/wordpress-plugins/woocommerce-product-table/
- WooCommerce: https://woocommerce.com/
- CSS Tricks: https://css-tricks.com/
- Google Analytics: https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/